Plastic Extrusion Profiles & Polyurethane Film
Zauderer Associates has helped to design and make plastic and urethane projects a success over many years. No matter your industry or application needed, we will be able to help you navigate your exact needs throughout the entire process.
Zauderer Associates partners with an impressive manufacturer that has many capabilities and products available. Competitive pricing and design assistance will insure that your unique project is successful.
Some Of The Industries We Serve:
Aerospace, Apparel, Boating & Marine, Medical, Military & Defense, Sports & Outdoors, Transportation
Plastic Extrusion Profiles and Polyurethane Film
Plastic Extrusion Profiles
What is a plastic extrusion?
Plastic extrusions are created through a process where plastic resin is melted and then extruded or pressed through a die into one continuous piece. Any piece can be custom designed and can be cut to almost any length. Plastic extrusions are lightweight yet provide excellent corrosion and cold resistance.
What kind of plastic is best for extrusion or molding?
Determining the best type of plastic / material for a plastic extrusion depends on the end use product and other factors including environmental factors and durability concerns. Options can be narrowed down once there is a general understanding of the required application as well as the benefits of the various material types. For example, ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) is a very rigid and tough material but is usually used where long outdoor exposure is not required. However, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) is very sturdy and is often used outdoors on park benches, tables, chairs and playground equipment.
What materials are available for the plastic extrusion profiles?
Determining the right kind of material for your plastic extrusion profile is very important in the planning process. Below are common materials used; however, there can be others by request:
- ABS – (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene)
- Clear Acrylic
- CAB – Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- LDPE – (Low Density Polyethylene)
- HDPE – (High Density Polyethylene)
- Polypropylene plastic
- HIPS – (Hi – Impact PolyStyrene)
- PETG (Polyethylene Terephthlate Glycol)/Copolyester
- Eastman Provista™ Copolymer
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) – Rigid
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) – Flexible
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) – Transparent
- Styrolux® – (Clear Styrene-Butadiene Copolymer)
- TPR – (Thermo Plastic Rubber)
- TPE – (Thermo Plastic Elastomer)
What everyday products are made from plastic extrusions?
Plastic extrusions can be found in almost every industry and in a large variety of everyday products including Point of Purchase (POP) displays, outdoor furniture, fences and garage door weathering, medical devices, sneeze guards, commercial refrigeration, appliances, plastic dock bumpers, boat guides, and custom-built plastic pallets.
What are the advantages of Plastic Extrusions?
Some of the primary benefits and advantages of plastic extrusions include:
- Lower cost / higher efficiency compared to other molding processes.
- Versatility – Ability to create very complex shapes and shapes of varying texture, thickness, color, etc.
- Allows for alterations post-extrusion – since plastic takes time to cool, manufacturers may continue to implement changes on the product.
What kind of customization is available for plastic extrusions?
There are many common customization options which include:
- Custom profiles up to 22” wide and 7” tall
- Tubing to 4” round
- Multi-durometer and multi-color custom plastic extrusions
- Tolerances of .010” or better, exceeding industry standards
- Co- and tri-extruded plastic parts and components
- Dies and plastic extruded shapes made to your specifications
- Custom colors, including metallic, and color matching to pantone numbers
- Secondary options, including sawing, slotting, solvent bonding, tape application, taping, heat sealing, embossing, cutting, hot stamping, gluing, punching, special packaging, notches, coiling, drilling, holes, routing, labeling, mitering, multiple punching and CNC routing
What is polyurethane film?
Polyurethane film is a flexible film that is also known as TPU film, urethane film or PU film. Polyurethane film is low density, lightweight and heat resistant. It is a highly flexible film that is frequently used due to its long-term durability and strength.
What are the benefits of using polyurethane films?
There are many benefits to using polyurethane film including its durability, waterproofing capabilities, breathability, and its resistance to abrasion. It can also be customized to varying degrees of hardness, thickness, and colors.
Can you supply medical grade urethane films?
Yes, our medical grade films meet the most stringent medical requirements and can be used for both internal and external applications. Polyurethane films have many medical applications due to their ability to act as barrier film, a breathable film, as well as providing great stretch and elongation. Medical grade films can also have anti-microbial and hypoallergenic additives. There are many examples of medical applications for polyurethane film, including operating room drapes, hospital mattress, hospital sheets and pads, medical bags, surgical gloves and gowns, and bandages / wound care.
What everyday products use polyurethane films?
In addition to medical products, polyurethane films can also be found in various products including apparel, paint protection films for automobiles, film for phone screen protection, and flotation bladders. Polyurethane film is often used in many “can’t fail” applications due to its strength, durability, tear resistance, and abrasion resistance.